Continue a meal-time tradition with this Traditional Savory Rubbed Prime Rib Roast. Scrumptiously seasoned with garlic, onion, celery, coriander, and thyme, our beef roast is cut from Midwestern corn-fed beef that is well-marbled to guarantee supreme tenderness and taste. Every celebration should be this good!
- Pre-rubbed prime rib arrives already seasoned
- No additional seasoning packet
- Average serving size: 8 oz per person. Petite serving size: 6 oz per person.
- Each 3.5-4 lb Prime Rib Roast serves 6-8
- Each 4-4.5 lb and 4.5-5 lb Prime Rib Roast serves 8-10
- Each 5-5.5 lb and 5.5-6 lb Prime Rib Roast serves 10-12
- The Kansas City Steak Book is included FREE with each order. Get expert prime rib cooking directions, grilling tips, steak recipes and more.
Also known as a Ribeye Roast, this cut, offered by the Kansas City Steak Company™, has wonderful flavor and texture.
Thaw prime rib roast in refrigerator for at least 3 days before preparing. Bring the meat to room temperature. Remove your roast from the refrigerator at least an hour (but no more than two hours) before roasting.
Place fat side up on rack, in a shallow roasting pan. Leave netting on while cooking. Do not add water or cover.
Roast in a 375°F oven until meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers an internal temperature of 125°F (approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours) for medium-rare for a 5-pound prime rib roast or 135°F (approximately 2 to 2 ½ hours) for medium.
Cover roast with aluminum foil tent and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes. Remove netting and trim excess fat before carving.
Our roasts are available in various sizes. Adjust cooking times when appropriate. We suggest using a meat thermometer to ensure proper doneness. See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook a prime rib roast, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!
| USDA Preparation Guidelines for Mechanically Tenderized Beef:|
Bake until product reaches 145°F as measured by a food thermometer, and hold the product at or above that temperature for 3 minutes.