Your shopping cart is empty.
We recommend checking out our best selling steaks.
Unbelievably juicy and tender, the Crown Filet Mignon® is a crowning achievement in superior steak. It's our most popular hand-trimmed steak, cut to an impressive height - giving you even more mouthwatering flavor without sacrificing tenderness.
- Crown Filet Mignons are aged for up to 28 days to enhance flavor and tenderness
- Restaurant quality - the kind served only in high-end steakhouses
- 10 oz Crown Filet Mignons up to 1.75” tall
- 12 oz Crown Filet Mignons up to 2.5” tall
- Each Crown Filet Mignon individually vacuum sealed
- Free Kansas City Steak Book with Original Steak Seasoning packet included with each order. Get expert cooking directions, tips, steak grilling times, broiling times, recipes and more
- Steaks cut by weight — actual thickness may vary
Thaw in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature.
Grill Master (Charcoal/Gas)
- Season steaks as desired; we recommend Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning.
- To cook on a charcoal grill, place steaks over the hottest part of the grill, and sear both sides for 1-2 minutes. Then move to medium, ash-covered coals and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- To cook on a gas grill, preheat on high. Sear both sides for 1-2 minutes, then reduce to medium heat and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
Stove Top Skillet
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, for about 5 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steak(s) in preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water. Do not cover. Cook to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- Set oven for broiling; preheat 10 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan. Position broiler pan so that the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil to desired doneness, turning once. Consult your owner's manual for more info.
Chef's Technique for Thick-Cut Filet Mignon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a heavy skillet or cast-iron skillet on your stovetop over high heat until very hot, about 5 minutes. A hot skillet delivers the best sear.
- Add a 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to skillet (enough to coat the bottom). Sear the steaks on one side for about 2 minutes, then turn steaks and place skillet on the middle rack of the oven and cook to desired doneness.
See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook thick-cut filet mignon, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!